. . .

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

That's Bae


She's always been my resolution, the lower light guiding me home, my vision of the finish line to keep from quitting the race.  I cannot even describe how surreal it is to finally hold everything you've ever missed in your arms again.  Each time I felt myself fighting off tears in security lines or I felt my face flushing red with anxiety as I navigated the labyrinth-esque airports, I would just picture this moment here after I got to the other side and my stomach would instead pang with excitement.  Before she left on her mission we would always say that this was the ultimate test--if we could hang onto our best friendship through those two years, then this was going to stick for life.  It felt far more like crossing the finishing line of a marathon than a security point as I walked out that door and saw her waiting there with my mom and brother.

0 comments:

Post a Comment